WSR3P - 3 Filter 80 Lpm Residential UV System
The 'benchmark Residential Rainwater UV & Filtration System'
The R3 is designed to provide 'crystal clear bacteria free' drinking water to your whole house. Designed for untreated water sources that contain a normal level of leaf material, silts and mud (rain/tank; bore; stream/river).
How it Works
- Rated 80 Lpm for your 'whole of house' - 2 bathrooms / 5+ occupants
- 3 stage filtration with food grade cartridges 5 micron pleated (floating organic material); 1 micron melt blown (finer silts/mud) and Carbon (taste/odor; pesticides)
- 80 watt UV lamp to sterilize the reproductive organs of ALL FORMS of 'living nasties' (bacteria & viruses)
- Designed for installation ioutdoors
- Power Supply / Surge Protector / RCBO mounted inside an IP 55 waterproof enclosure for ultimate protection against humidity and spillage during servicing
Annual servicing is inexpensive with lamps and cartridge readily available online from us.
Simple as 1 2 3
- Hang on SS brackets (supplied)
- Connect the inlet /outlet
- Plug in
- ACM all weather Cover
- All components are screwed to a heavy duty SS frame - for easy dismantling.
- Cup end double welded internally polished chamber, with a sensor port for the option of adding a light sensor if required.
- Superior raised finned chamber bracket system - better heat dissipation and ease of gauge removal.
- Gel filled Digital '365 day countdown' ballast, factory mounted inside an IP rated box - to protect against moisture / RCM licensed. RCBO Trip Switch; Surge protection.
- UV Dosage 40mJ/cm2 @ 95% UVT @ 80 Lpm
- 3 x 10" Jumbo filter housings each with a glycerine filled pressure gauge that indicates the state of your pump and cartridges
- Cartridges: 5m pleated (debris); 1m Meltblown (silts/mud); Carbon (taste/odor, sprays)
- 1" Stainless Steel Piping Unions: rubber washer sealing (no thread tape) for ' inlet to filter' 'filter to UV chamber' 'UV chamber to outlet ball valve – no more leaks.
- 1.0" BSP connection valves for inlet and outlet
Shipping & Installation
- Dimensions: 31kg; 1040x530x230; Allow 900mm on left side to remove lamp when servicing
- Mount facing south, and if possible out of direct midday sun
- Do not mount close to ground. Eye level for top of system makes for easier servicing
- Run inlet and outlet pipes horizontally then up to the ball valves (to allow flexibility for ease of connection and disconnection if required)
- Check cartridge periodically to determine typical interval for plugging. If this period is less than 6 months investigate water source for preventable contamination or fit pre-filtration
- When ballast alarms, replace UV lamp & remove and clean quartz sleeve, replace seals (digital display reads A3 - lamp life of 365 days USAGE has been fully used up. Note do not reuse the lamp even though it will be still glowing, as its output will continue to drop and be lower than needed for the systems rated flowrate.
Should you get sick
- Check your cartridges to make sure that no water is bypassing with debris that allows 'shadowing'
- Remove & check the sleeve for clarity; clean or replace
- Replace the lamp or get a more powerful lamp
- Reduce your peak water consumption
Compliance with NZ Drinking Water Standards - Tables 5.6 & 10.1
- Rigid 5 micron final cartridge – Solid Block 5 micron - fitted as standard
- Continuous alarm monitoring lamp life & outage – Digital Countdown Ballast - fitted as standard
- UV Sensor low light alarm – Not available
- Dosage to always exceed 40 mJ/cm2 @ 70% UVT– Not available
Water Supply Quality
This System is designed to operate with a water source that is of reasonable quality, as indicated below:
- Iron: < 0.3 ppm (0.3mg/L)
- Hardness* : < 7 gpg (120 mg/L)
- Turbidity: < 5 NTU
- Manganese: < 0.05 ppm (0.05 mg/L)
- Tannins: < 0.1 ppm (0.3 mg/L)
- UV Transmittance: > 75%