WSD2 - 2 Filter Residential UV Water System (with cover)
A low cost but good quality system for 2 people / single bathroom
The D2 is designed as an entry price level system, for lower water usage locations.
For untreated water sources that have wonderful taste and no odor issues, but contain a normal level of debris/silts/mud. Suitable water sources include harvested rainwater, bore or direct from a stream/river.
Its 5 micron pleated paper cartridge firstly filters out organic debri that is washed off the roof into the tank. Its second cartridge is a 1 micron melt blown which takes out the finer particles (mud), which is then UV'd to provide 'crystal clear bacteria free' drinking water.
In summary the D2 is designed for typical untreated water sources that contain a normal level of leaf material/silt/mud, but never has taste or odor issues.
The D2 is supplied standard with its 30 watt lamp.
How it Works
- Rated 30 Lpm
- 2 stage filtration with food grade cartridges; 5 micron pleated paper (for debris); 1 micron melt blown (finer silts/mud)
- 30 watt UV lamp to sterilize the reproductive organs of ALL FORMS of 'living nasties' (bacteria & viruses)
- Can be mounted outside as the system is covered with a white aluminium waterproof cover.
Manufactured by us in New Zealand using the highest quality components. Annual servicing is inexpensive with lamps and cartridge readily available online from us.
Simple as 1 2 3
- Bolt to horizontal rails on posts
- Connect the inlet /outlet
- Plug in
- Corner reinforced and riveted white aluminium Weatherproof ACM (alloy composite material) security cover.
- Front mounted components on durable all weather non rot non fade 15mm PVS backing board - for easy dismantling.
- UVC 30 watt lamp output exceeds 30mJ/cm2
- A glycerine filled pressure gauge that indicates the state or your pump and cartridges
- 10" Jumbo Cartridges: 5m pleated paper (debris); 1m Meltblown (silts/mud)
- 1" SS Hex Piping Unions: 3.2mm rubber gasket sealing (no thread tape)
- Quality SS 1.0" BSP Union to connect filter to UV Chamber
- 1" SS Ball Valve at inlet for ease of servicing
Shipping & Installation
- Shipping Carton: 0.9 x 0.7 x 0.3 (0.2 m3); 17kg
- System Dimensions: 15kg; 800x600x230; Allow 500mm on left side to remove lamp when servicing
- Eye level for top of system makes for easier servicing
- Secure to horizontal rails if mounting to posts
- Check cartridge periodically to determine typical interval for plugging. If this period is less than 6 months investigate water source for preventable contamination or fit pre-filtration such as a RainCatcher.
- When ballast alarms, replace UV lamp & remove and clean quartz sleeve, replace seals. Note do not reuse the lamp eventhough it will be still glowing, as its output will continue to drop and be lower than needed for the systems rated flowrate.
Should you get sick
- Check your cartridges to make sure that no water is bypassing with debris that allows 'shadowing'
- Remove & check the sleeve for clarity; clean or replace
- Replace the lamp or get a more powerful lamp
- Reduce your peak water consumption
Designed to meet or exceed the NZ Drinking Water Standard that requires that water passed through the system must fall within the following parameters:
- Iron: < 0.3 ppm (0.3mg/L)
- Hardness* : < 7 gpg (120 mg/L)
- Turbidity: < 1NTU
- Manganese: < 0.05 ppm (0.05 mg/L)
- Tannins: < 0.1 ppm (0.3 mg/L)
- UV Transmittance: > 75% (call factory for recommendations on applications where UVT < 75%)