CALL 09 827 1409 or email email@example.com to book in your INTERIM or ANNUAL service.
Auckland metro boundaries that we service:
- Mangawhai in the north
- Pokeno in the south
If you are in the Auckland metro region we can perform this annual task for you, removing the risk of that accidental breakage, or leaving air in the cartridges or UV chamber. The last thing anyone needs is to break a quartz sleeve on Saturday, and then having trouble getting water over the weekend.
And its hard to practice for doing something once a year!
- $150 + GST Standard charge includes 30 minutes travel to site and the first 30 minutes onsite
- $50 + GST for each additional 30 minutes onsite, or extra time to get to site if you are on the fringes of the ever expanding Auckland Region
- Parts additional: typically our customers have a 3 filter UV System so use this Service Kit: Buy SKB3 Service Kit for a 3 Filter Large Residential UV System - Water Systems NZ (uvwatersystems.co.nz)
A FULL ANNUAL service includes:
- Take a photo of the system before its service (identifies any site specific issues)
- Remove the System Cover; take photo; note status of the digital display; check for leaks
- Switch off power
- Depressurize (remove the Bleed Valve/Bung in the top of the UV Chamber)
- Remove filters / empty all water from the UV chamber
- Remove & photograph cartridges (for you to see the plugging state)
- Clean filter housings and replace cartridges
- Prime filters (helps removal of air from the cartridges)
- Remove End Caps and Silicon Seals (cut seals to remove)
- Remove the quartz sleeve (take care to prevent cracking the open end)
- Clean sleeve (replace if surface is not able to be 'totally clear')
- Insert sleeve; fit Seals; fit End Caps
- Fill UV Chamber; tighten Filter sumps
- Continue flowing water while depressing the Red Filter Head buttons (air will spurt out) until water runs clear out of UV Chamber port
- Fit UV Chamber Air Bleed Valve / Bung; Gradually increase pressure (while depressing Red Filter buttons) to maximum
- Check for leaks
- Fit new UV lamp; check that the earth wire is firmly connected to the UV Chamber
- Switch On power
- Remove the cover from the Power Supply
- Reset the Ballast so that the digital display reads 365 (take photo)
- Refit the cover on the power supply
- Refit the System Cover
- Clean up debris (take away cartridges and lamp)
An INTERIM service may be required IF you experience a drop in (shower) pressure. Ideally this is timed at 6 months, with only the cartridges being replaced, as the lamp will still have 6 months to run.
Slower flows is a stong indication that one or more of your filter cartridges have prematurely 'plugged'. This plugging is normally caused by excessive organic debris such as pollen and sediments.
The 'service life expectation' is that the cartridges will provide good pressure / flow for the full year, so that only one service visit is required. This expectation is based on Jumbo cartridges and typical residential house water usage, and minimal impact of dust and organic debris.
If you are experiencing premature plugging, then its best to change the cartidges at 6 months, so that you get good pressure / flow for the entire year, rather than being 'caught out' at say 9 months. We say 'caught out' because you suffer slower and slower flows trying to survive say the next 3 months, when the FULL SERVICE is due. Clearly hanging on past 6 months is not ideal, as you compromise either flow, or cartridge life, or lamp life, depending on your decision for the next service date.
When cartridges plug up in a matter of weeks, the inconvenience of constantly changing cartridges can be eliminated by installation of a prefilter. We have many customers that have installed our 'crushed glass' auto backwash prefilter. This type of filter removes teh majority of particles, filtering to an unbelievable 5 micron. This 'pretty clear' water is then ideal for filtering using the UV Systems cartridges, extending life to as long as 12 months.
We supply systems, service and parts to all regions of New Zealand
Northland, North Harbour, Auckland, Counties Manukau, Thames Valley, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, King Country, Taranaki, Wanganui, Hawkes Bay, Poverty Bay, East Coast, Manukau, Horowhenui-Kapiti, Wellington, Wairapa Bush, Tasman, Buller, West Coast, Canterbury, Mid- Canterbury, South – Canterbury, North Otago, Otago and Southland.
We supply systems, service and parts to all towns and cities in New Zealand
Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton, Tauranga, Lower Hutt, Dunedin, Palmerston North, Napier, Hibiscus Coast, Porirua, Rotorua, New Plymouth, Whangarei, Nelson, Invercargill, Hastings, Upper Hutt, Whanganui and Gisborne.